“Working for change – Dudley parent carer’s forum is committed to engaging and empowering parents and carers of children with disabilities or additional needs so that they can influence decisions and improve changes to services delivery.”
Members of the forum will work together as individuals, organisations and partners with the aim of ensuring that the voices of parent and carers are heard. They will ensure that all parents and carers in our borough are equipped with the knowledge and skills to influence change working within a framework of agreed values and principles
This group aims to
- Offer support and provide friendship.
- Listen with empathy
- Influence policy development.
- Provide signposting and share information in ways that is easily understandable and accessible
- Be democratic, transparent and represent the view of parent carers
- Be realistic in what we and partners together can achieve in the current austerity climate
- Any parent carer of a child with a disability or additional needs that is residing in Dudley borough.
Partners and key stakeholders
(We seek to work in inclusive ways and this list is not meant to be exhaustive)
- Kids Orchard Partnership
- Parents supporting parents
- All groups and services that provide support
(Thursday 03 April 2014)